State-of-the-Art Robotic Therapy
InMotion Robots are the result of groundbreaking medical engineering research at the Newman Laboratory for Biomechanics and Human Rehabilitation at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Our evidence- based system is unique in the industry and has been tested by leading medical centers worldwide for 20 years in over 80 studies with over 850 patients.
The InMotion Robot’s exceptional capacity for measurement and immediate interactive response sets it apart from other therapy systems.
The InMotion assesses the patient’s movement and responds to a patient’s continually-changing ability.
Like an experienced clinician the robot then guides the exercise treatment accordingly:
- If the patient is unable to move, the robot gently assists the patient to initiate movement towards the target.
- If coordination is a problem, the robot “guides” the movement, allowing the patient to move towards the target and making certain that the patient is practicing the movement the correct way.
- As the patient gains movement control, the robot provides less assistance and continually
challenges the patient .
- Provides quantifiable feedback on progress and performance.
Years of innovation have created today’s InMotion Robotic System, resulting in a completely
unique rehabilitation technology.
- Truly interactive, real-time technology that responds to patient ability.
- Precision engineering, exceptional response and unparalleled measurement capacity used by research laboratories worldwide.
- Research Proven: twice the motor recovery of traditional therapy in patients who are months,
and even years, post-injury.